homeschooling THANK YOU

---------

From: Patricia Knott (pknott_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Nov 19 2003 - 16:36:02 PST

To everyone on this list that responded so thoroughly and thoughtfully to
my questions about homeschooling
      I GIVE MY BIGGEST THANK YOU

I must admit my questions were intentionally written to get some emotional
survey questions that only seem to provide statistics )

I'm finding out a lot I didn't know. But mostly finding it is a subject
that often draws much passion. I had a long interview with the supervisor
at my school today who oversees the homeschool portfolio requirements and he
fully informed me on the laws and regulations
and I'm becoming more and more fascinated.

BTW many of you said you were not aware that the numbers are growing...
nobody seems to have a firm hold on the exact number somewhere between
850,000 - 2 million, but the number has doubled in the last 10 years.

As for state funding, as far as I know, schools get money according to
attendance. Therefore some districts are relaxing rules about homeschoolers
attending on a part time basis - they get money from the state even if the
attendance is part time.

Thank you all so much again, I am overwhelmed by the responses and I have a
big weekend ahead of me trying to compile and decipher all your thoughts.
I'll let you know if I find anything conclusive.
and thank you for being passionate

Patty

---