Leave No teacher behind

---------

From: Patricia Knott (pknott_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Nov 19 2003 - 16:16:56 PST

After a day where I juggled so many things at one time and every thing that
could go wrong went wrong and I wondered why I just don't runaway to the
circus...
I came across this...

Leave No Teacher Behind

By Richard Cohen
Tuesday, November 18, 2003; Page A25
> Countless studies show that it is not the best and the brightest of college
> graduates who go into teaching. Common sense tells you the same thing. A field
> where the average salary is around $41,000 a year -- and many are a lot lower
> -- is not going to recruit the "best" people.
>
> So I have come up with my Leave No Teacher Behind Act. In its roughest form,
> it means forgiving all teachers their federal income tax. For a married
> teacher with two kids under the age of 14, that would mean an additional
> $4,300 a year in disposable income. If states and localities joined in, the
> pot would be even richer.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A54785-2003Nov17.html

what an idea and I'm sure it will go real far.... ;-)
Patty

---