Re: Homeschooling

---------

From: Sharon Henneborn (henneborn_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Nov 19 2003 - 10:01:30 PST

If my memory is correct there is an attendance factor in there also.
We don't receive funds for a child the day of absence. I remember
being on a committee that developed the school calendar and some of our
vacation days were based on attendance. If there was a religious
holiday that would create a certain number of absences it was fixed as
a holiday if the projected attendance would fall below the figure
needed to fund the schools for the day. I don't know how the home
schoolers are factored into the formula.

Sharon ~NJ

On Wednesday, November 19, 2003, at 09:38 AM, King, Jean wrote:

> I don't know where you get the idea that the public school receives
> funds
> for students simply by their residence in the area. I work in
> Houston,
> Texas. Our schools only receive funding based on the actual
> enrollment at
> the school. This is the only basis for our funding. All the children
> in
> Houston could live in the area, but if they are not enrolled and
> attending
> the school, the school receives no funding for them at all.

---