Re: Homeschooling

---------

From: Sharon Henneborn (henneborn_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Nov 19 2003 - 08:36:15 PST

I don't know what all the provisions are but I was told many years ago
that the home schooled children were entitled to materials & books on
loan from the school and to accommodate their requests. I got few
requests and when I offered paper supplies the parents didn't know they
could ask. I was not required to loan things like scissors which were
shared by many students but I could gave out consumable things like
good drawing paper & construction paper.

I often loaned out books, prints, tools, and lesson plans after my
classes completed the activity. Always returned complete with a nice
note. I have been known to meet home school students in the public
library to help them keep up on their skills.

As Larry said, "It is all about the kids." and I will be living in this
community with them when I am old and needy. I know this is simplistic
and the financial puzzle is more complex but I made my decisions on
what I saw as best servicing the individual child and on the
instructions from my administrators..

Sharon ~ NJ

---