Re: Homeschooling

---------

From: Betty Bowen (bbowen_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Nov 19 2003 - 06:14:53 PST

MessageOur schools receive state funding according to the number of students enrolled full time in school, so the parents may still be paying the taxes, but the local school will not receive them. When our enrollment goes down, our funding goes down. We were down 50 kids this year and it has really hurt.

I'm sure you do an excellent job homeschooling, but that is not the case with ANY formerly homeschooled child who has ever passed through my classroom. They always have to be remediated.