RE: RE: Homeschooling

---------

From: Lawrence A. Parker (occti_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Nov 19 2003 - 05:14:53 PST

Hi, Jane,

Society tends to forget, or lose sight of, the fact that it is ALL about the
children. The function of Life is to perpetuate itself. The function of a
society is to perpetuate itself - that means raising and educating the children.
All of business, all of scientific research, all of academic research, all
technology, all of medicine, is to ensure and to improve the lives of our
children. We, as adults, are here for them; not they for us. They will be here
for us when we are old and decrepit, and we'd better hope that we've educated
them to be willing and able to take care of us...

Lawrence A. Parker
Philosopher and Educational Consultant

> I work in a private school and we have so many parents who
> spend no time (I mean no time) with their kids. I really commend you for
> taking the time to really care about what your kids are learning.
>
> Jane

---