cinnamon dough recipe

---------

From: C Gaul (allgaul_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 18 2003 - 21:01:43 PST

I have used both recipes, with and without the glue. They both worked out well. We have a hot water heater at my school and I use that closed off room to very quickly dry the ornaments. (And instant papier mache stuff, and papier mache stuff, and and and...it is a great secret of mine!)

I have never tried the recipe with the flour.

http://www.ktca.org/donnasday/creative/activ4.html Link to recipe - It's 1 part cinnamon to 1 part applesauce. And it smells Wonderful!

adding glue alternative:

Cinnamon Dough
     1/2 cup Applesauce
     3/4 cup ground cinnamon
     3 Tbsp white school glue
     Extra cinnamon

Combine glue and ground cinnamon in a bowl. Add applesauce, stirring constantly until you have a stiff dough. You may not need all the applesauce or you may need a smidge more.

Remove dough onto the table and knead for 5 minutes until firm.

Let rest 30 minutes at room temperature.

Lay waxed paper out on the table.

Dust rolling pin with cinnamon and roll clay out on the waxed paper to about 1/8 inch thick.

Cut out with cookie cutters of your choice.

Poke a hole in the top (if you like) with a straw.

Leave in a warm, breezy location to dry for about 48 hours to 1 week.

Turn over every 24 hours during the drying process.

amaizbu1.gif