RE: Silver scratchboard suggestions

---------

From: Puhl, Kristen K (puhlk_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 18 2003 - 18:44:30 PST

My cooperating teacher just did a lesson with silver scratchboard using Mendhi hand designs (henna painting.) As far as I know, the students traced their hand and then looked at Mendi designs to fill in the hand. Then then transferred these to silver or gold scratchboard. Then, they retraced their design onto good white paper with brown colored pencil so it looked like henna. This hand was cut out, and both the white hand and the black scratchboard hand are mounted on a piece of brown construction paper. (5th grade.) They're pretty neat looking, and girls an guys alike were pretty into it. ("It's like tattoos!!!!")

Kristy