Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: making ornaments - some links

From: Linda E (thepaintbrushjar_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 18 2003 - 18:36:49 PST

thanks Judy

It will be grade 3
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Judy Decker
  To: ArtsEdNet Talk
  Sent: Saturday, November 15, 2003 10:31 PM
  Subject: re: making ornaments - some links

  Here are some links to Mexican tin ornamnets:

  Lots more out there - check the folk art sites on my
  Mexico page (I know I saw some on those sites):

  I often put foil out for kids as a free time activity
  around the holidays. I have a bunch of Mexican tin
  ornaments that I put out with the supplies. I did
  these with grades 3 thru 6.

  Linda - what grade level are you working with?
  Curiosity got the best of me... I had to look:

  Once I get me computer back - I'll repost all of the
  ornament ideas I shared a couple months ago (I may not
  have posted them all on Getty though come to think of
  it). Linda Woods had some great ones, too. I have them
  on my computer.

  Happy surfing.

  --- Christine Besack <> wrote:
> Hi All,
> When every so often the PTO twists my arm, I comply
> but I do it my way. By personal choice, I don't do
> holiday projects.
> One Year we made origami and covered the evergreen
> tree in the lobby. Shiny wrapping paper adds to the
> appeal.
> There is a tradition in some culture that a red
> bird must be the first ornament on the tree for good
> luck. (I'm not sure where I picked up that one, but
> that's what we do now in our house :)
> So... we covered the school tree with red origami
> cranes :) We also added penguins and other animals
> to complete the menagerie !
> Staying in the curriculum and it made the PTO happy.
> Hope this helps, Christine Besack :)

  Judith Decker
  Incredible Art Department
  Incredible Art Department