Re: artists who uses words and images

---------

From: Judy Decker (judydeckeriad_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 18 2003 - 08:59:35 PST

This is a "passion" of mine, too. Funny you should ask
- I bet I have nearly 100 images of art with text
marked with sticky notes in my books to scan into the
machine for sharing once I get my machine back. Losing
my machine for a few days has been good. I have really
enjoyed looking through all of my books.

I am sure these artists have been posted
already....but I read your post first. I have a links
page:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/art-text.htm

DO take a look at all of the links for Jaune
Quick-to-See Smith. I marked several of her images in
my books.
I have some dandy contemporary Aborignal (Australia)
images marked too....I think I have enough images
marked for scanning that I could stay busy for months
(smile). What I intend to do with them - is share the
scanned image through the File for Sharing (just for a
day or so) with a lesson idea to go with the image.

The quick and easy way to share is most fun for me.
I'd rather share ideas with all of you folks than
spend hours upon hours adding links that maybe no one
will use.

The sharing will begin with Native American art images
when I get my machine back.

Cheers!

Judy Decker

--- wendy free <wendypaigefree@yahoo.com> wrote:
> i'm looking for artists who use words and/or writing
> along with imagery within their work to communicate
> meaning (not just as decorative collage-y elements).
> anyone come to mind? thanks for your help!
>
> :D wendy free

> judydeckeriad@yahoo.com
> leave-artsednet-20359V@lists.getty.edu

=====