Re: help-need Jewelry ideas for elementary

---------

From: Judy Decker (judydeckeriad_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Nov 17 2003 - 21:53:18 PST

Folks - you can bet your bottom dollar that I am
collecting all of your ideas and will put them on IAD

See Linda Wood's lesson plan. She does this with 6th
graders:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/Linda-jewelry.htm

Maybe with some adult volunteer help, you could do
this lesson?

My son took a class on copper enameling when he was in
third or fourth grade. That is doable with kids (If
you have the supplies, that is). He made earrings for
me (that make my face/ear black when I wear them - so
I just treasure them instead. I bet I could put nail
polish on them to keep them from tarnishing my face.)
and necklaces for grand mas (I have those now too) -
along with some small dishes.

Friendly plastic is doable....Fimo/Sculpy is doable.
Cathy Gual made some cute teddy bear Sculpy pins with
her kinders (I think) so imagine what you could do
with your age group. Shrink plastic is doable too.

DO post back with the list what you do and what was
successful. We DO want to know (pretty please).

Judith Decker

--- barb cicchelli <bcriverspirit@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I'm doing a jewelry workshop for kids. Has anyone
> had
> any great ideas or successes with simple
> jeweleymaking? The students will be ages 5-12.
> Thanks
> ahead of time. Barb

=====
Judith Decker