Re: Clay Whistles History? (Mark Alexander - Jancy)

---------

From: Judy Decker (judydeckeriad_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Nov 17 2003 - 09:03:48 PST

(Mark Alexander - do you have the links I sent to
you?)

Yes - I have many links on my computer at ME Computers
(smile)...Actually do some surfing for clay whistles.
I like using pre-Columbian. I have a Mayan whistle.
There are some great examples of Mayan whistles on
Barakat Gallery site.

I have a lovely clay whistle from Cameroon, too.
Ocarinas are Peruvian (I have links for those, too).
Do a bit of surfing and report back to us some good
links you find. If you honestly do not have time to
surf yourself - let me know and I will surf again for
you. I really should put the links on the site since
whistles come up each year.

Judith Decker

<jmcossin@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know where I can find historical
> information about ocarinas/clay whistles for my
> lesson that is coming up all too quickly?
> Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!
> Jancy

> judydeckeriad@yahoo.com
> leave-artsednet-20359V@lists.getty.edu