Re: Stencils for Elementary Students? Appropriate or not?

---------

From: Judy Potter (jd-potter_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Nov 17 2003 - 07:44:10 PST

Hi all,
In the early years, it the PROCESS not the PRODUCT. Thank you so much to
all of you who reinforce this concept, especially teachers of children
with special needs. Children are so proud of their accomplishments and
they need to be given lots of time to practice skills like cutting.

Judy Potter
Center for Best Practices in Early Childhood

> I agree with the previous post about giving the children lots of
> experiences in cutting.
>
> I do find it works well for my special needs class.
> In time, though, give them the challenge of making their own.
>
> Glad to hear you are enjoying your elementary level
> experience, Eileen!
>
> Ann-on-y-mouse in Columbus
> Art teacher, K-5, retired

---