Re: setting up dark room (my vent)

---------

From: Kathy Houston (khouston_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Nov 17 2003 - 00:06:10 PST

Woody I appreciate your thoughts. In our district the teachers of art ,
music and pe are general education teachers who may or may not be
trained in their field. I do have some background my mother is a
graduate of Herron school of art and was a middle school teacher. To
give you an example of our district they initially put a special ed
teacher that they wanted to get rid of into the music position with no
training what so ever and we are all helping her out. I currently teach
art, music and pe and I am trying my best to learn as much as I can. I
am taking classes and going to whatever workshop I can to become better
at my job. I alos do all of the music productions as well as the fall a
spring theatrical productions. I hole a degree in Special Education,
and Masters in General Education as well as endorsments in Sciance and
Reading. The funny thing about the NCLB is that the teacher that was in
this position was only certified k-3 and I was only going to need to
take two reading classes to be certified K-8 I thought it was a joke too

Woody Duncan wrote:

>Please, I hope you don't take it the wrong way but I don't know
>any other way to say it. One of the tenets of NCLB is to insure

---