RE: ceramic tile decorating/expressions magazine

---------

From: Sears, Ellen (ESears_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Nov 17 2003 - 05:35:30 PST

Maggie,
I saw the article and thought they looked great too - I have two boxes of 6"
tiles that I am tired of moving and thought I might try the process - but I
haven't had any experience with some of the materials.

I am thinking about rolling out thin sheets of sculpey - and let each child
decorate - or have them make canes and cover the tile - use some embossing
powder and highlight - then maybe embellish with beads and/or wire - but not
sure how. I am looking for ideas - what do I do with the tiles when we are
finished?

I liked the star book ornament too - I usually like the projects in the
second half of the magazine more than the first-
Ellen

> In the latest issue of Expression magazine one of the
> contributors (Sherrill Kahn) shows glazed ceramic tiles she covered with
> one of several materials: molding paste (which is sold in the acrylic
> paints section), heavy gel medium, or caulk.

---