Re: Stencils for Elementary Students? Appropriate or not?

---------

From: Rick (rlarson_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Nov 16 2003 - 15:41:07 PST

Eileen, I make the stencils for kinder and 1st. I do this because I want
them to try different media and techniques. I will have them cut alot
of their own art, but for that sort of activity, it would be too
frustrating. Maybe that is a guideline that would help to judge by.
What would be too frustrating for them to do.? If you have patterns of
leaves, and they trace around those and then cut. That would be an
option. How much do you want to get done in a class period? I have
mine print with pre made stamps, hands, etc. I find it enough to get
them to follow the directions of making a print on paper, without making
the material to print with.. I would have 2nd gr make their own stamps,
etc.
Betsy

PrimaryE@aol.com wrote:

> As I've told you all before, this is my first year teaching Elementary
> art, after years

---