Stencils for Elementary

---------

From: Ellen Silverman (mcguffsilver_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Nov 16 2003 - 15:58:28 PST

I think it is ok to use stencils with the younger grades. I have made
stencils of simple geometric shapes for my k-1 to use, we then turn them
into things, by drawing or cutting. Tracing is a small muscle skill
that is part of those two grades curriculum in my district. I like to
take them the next step where they make their own stencils also.
Ellen Silverman
k-8 NJ

---