Cinnamon ornaments

---------

From: C Gaul (allgaul_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Nov 16 2003 - 10:21:48 PST

I have done the cinnamon dough ornaments school wide (I know, I only have
less than 200 kids in the whole SCHOOL...*grin*) and I found that if you go
to the dollar stores some of them carry the huge containers of cinnamon for
a LOT cheaper than you get it in the super markets. So give that a try. Also
those wholesale warehouses are cheaper.
The whole school smells great as a bonus and the kids love the fact they can
do this at home as well. I print up the recipe and send it home with the
ornaments.
The year the whole school did ornaments we did it as a fundraiser for the
school and sold them for 50 cents at the holiday program. I forget who we
benefited, I think it was our garden fund. We have a beautiful
butterfly/peace garden in the graveyard right beside our school. If you are
ever in Haddonfield NJ in the summer, stop by the Haddonfield Friends school
and take a peak, it is truly a magnificent site totally planned, planted and
maintained by the kids and their families. In lieu of that, see our web
site!
http://www.haddonfieldfriends.org/butterfly/sub5_ourparade.htm

Cathy

---