Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Collage - self portrait

From: Judy Decker (judydeckeriad_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Nov 15 2003 - 22:34:20 PST

Dear ArtsEdNetters,

I'm saving all of these collage ideas BTW - and will
compile. I just found this on Michal Austin's site and
will save it for IAD, too.

Value study portrait in pencil mounted on personal
collage background - background is collage of personal
ingterests - including words.

This just shows that art teacher minds think alike. I
did this same lesson many moons ago (pre technology
days so no digital camera - no grid drawing when I did
this). The only difference we did was frame them with
Newspaper collage mats. I have done this idea with as
young as third grade (at art center) through high
school Art 1 (back in the 1970's).

When I get my machine back - I'll add this lesson plan
to one of the existing portrait lessons.

OK - NOW I am done for tonight. Sweet dreams all.

Judith Decker

Judith Decker
Incredible Art Department
Incredible Art Department