Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

re: making ornaments - some links

From: Judy Decker (judydeckeriad_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Nov 15 2003 - 19:31:20 PST

Here are some links to Mexican tin ornamnets:

Lots more out there - check the folk art sites on my
Mexico page (I know I saw some on those sites):

I often put foil out for kids as a free time activity
around the holidays. I have a bunch of Mexican tin
ornaments that I put out with the supplies. I did
these with grades 3 thru 6.

Linda - what grade level are you working with?
Curiosity got the best of me... I had to look:

Once I get me computer back - I'll repost all of the
ornament ideas I shared a couple months ago (I may not
have posted them all on Getty though come to think of
it). Linda Woods had some great ones, too. I have them
on my computer.

Happy surfing.

--- Christine Besack <> wrote:
> Hi All,
> When every so often the PTO twists my arm, I comply
> but I do it my way. By personal choice, I don't do
> holiday projects.
> One Year we made origami and covered the evergreen
> tree in the lobby. Shiny wrapping paper adds to the
> appeal.
> There is a tradition in some culture that a red
> bird must be the first ornament on the tree for good
> luck. (I'm not sure where I picked up that one, but
> that's what we do now in our house :)
> So... we covered the school tree with red origami
> cranes :) We also added penguins and other animals
> to complete the menagerie !
> Staying in the curriculum and it made the PTO happy.
> Hope this helps, Christine Besack :)

Judith Decker
Incredible Art Department
Incredible Art Department