RE: Wallpaper ideas -What grade levels?

---------

From: cen_aca_dp (cen_aca_dp_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Nov 15 2003 - 15:17:38 PST

Here's a 5th grade lesson, easily adaptable:

Mini Landscapes
The students create 3 mini (6" X 6") landscapes on tagboard using all types of
decorative papers. I have them plan out the landscape in a 6X6 square drawn on
paper first. They label them with which types of paper they would like to use
in each area. The three can be related- same scene in different seasons,
different times of day, all beach scenes, etc.
Things we used in their collages:
-WALLPAPER
-paper with Japanese writing on it
-handmade papers
-newspaper
-sheet music
-stained glass paper
-glitter paper
-foil paper

to add detail on top:
-star stickers
-Mizuhiki paper cords: http://www.debbysthings.com/M_holidaycord.jpg
-wire to outline areas

I had some frame corner pieces (used for display at framing shops) and we
framed some of the landscapes for an art show. I ordered the corner hardware,
hangers, and glass. The size of htese frames dictated the size of the
landscapes. Sorry, no photos until I get my new laptop. :(

Denise

---