Re: making ornaments

---------

From: Peggy Woolsey (eoolspeg_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Nov 15 2003 - 15:39:50 PST

I have my students go through the garbage around school--that's right,
the garbage--for material for Christmas decorations. I always make a
huge "recycled" wreath from candy wrappers, coke cans and potato chip
bags. Modern junk food packaging is highly colorful. I provide glue and
glitter and some ribbon. The results are incredible! The creativity of
the kids is so great and they really get into it (once over the initial
shock). Sometimes an ornament is so great that we all have to make one.
These are high school students so I don't worry about them cutting
themselves with the coke cans (cut with scissors).
Peggy
On Saturday, November 15, 2003, at 02:09 PM, Linda E wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone has any easy, cheap ideas for making holiday
> ornaments. I was asked to make them with 200 students to hand out as
> part of our school's service to the community.  I do not want to make
> anything too "christmasy".  (Since everyone does not celebrate.)   I
> was thinking maybe snowmen? Gingerbreadmen?  I do not normally do this
> in a public school, so I am at a lost lol  Plus it can not cost too
> much.  Any idea would be helpful- thanks!
> ---
> leave-artsednet-20359V@lists.getty.edu

---