re: making ornaments... origami :)

---------

From: Christine Besack (mrsbeeswax_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Nov 15 2003 - 15:07:57 PST

Hi All,
 When every so often the PTO twists my arm, I comply but I do it my way. By personal choice, I don't do holiday projects.
One Year we made origami and covered the evergreen tree in the lobby. Shiny wrapping paper adds to the appeal.
 There is a tradition in some culture that a red bird must be the first ornament on the tree for good luck. (I'm not sure where I picked up that one, but that's what we do now in our house :)

So... we covered the school tree with red origami cranes :) We also added penguins and other animals to complete the menagerie !

Staying in the curriculum and it made the PTO happy.
Hope this helps, Christine Besack :)

---