Re: making ornaments

---------

From: Deb M. (dmortl_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Nov 15 2003 - 12:48:09 PST

I premade about 500 "ornaments" by rolling clay out into a big slab and then
rolling lace over it and cutting it out with cookie cutters like sugar
cookies. It was easy to make a lot at once, and then could also use hearts
and non-holiday shapes. Then I punched holes in them and fired them in big
stacks in the kiln. For the activity, I mixed up buckets of marbling colors
and then the kids went thru assembly-line style and picked up an ornament,
put it on a paperclip and dipped it int eh marble mixture (which I can't
remember what it was, but it was from a kit from Sax I think).

>I was wondering if anyone has any easy, cheap ideas for making holiday
>ornaments. I was asked to make them with 200 students to hand out as part
>of our school's service to the community. I do not want to make anything
>too "christmasy". (Since everyone does not celebrate.) I was thinking
>maybe snowmen? Gingerbreadmen? I do not normally do this in a public
>school, so I am at a lost lol Plus it can not cost too much. Any idea
>would be helpful- thanks!

Frustrated with dial-up? Get high-speed for as low as $26.95.