RE: making ornaments-beaded snowflakes

---------

From: Meredith Steele (meredith_steele_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Nov 15 2003 - 10:18:27 PST

I've already started making little beaded snowflakes with Art Club..they're so easy and fun.

For the center piece, I cut off a piece from a mini hot glue stick that I use as a center "disc." (don't ask how I figured that one out!)

Then, we just add beads to sewing pins and stick them into outside rim of the disc. Eight beaded pins make a snowflake.

They look nice just hanging in the window, so they serve as multiculti winter decorations, too.

Two tips when making these:
1. Make sure students don't add too many beads to the pin so there's plenty of room for the pin to stick into the center disc (otherwise the pins fall out)
2. The pins can be hard to push into the disc (painful for the fingers) so we use a piece of cardboard or whatever is on had to prevent major callouses.