I'd say it's very, very likely that the candles are the reason for the headache. I've experienced headaches & fatigue for several years whenever I come into contact with artificial scents (candles, shampoo, etc.). For me, it has led to becoming sensitive to chemicals in other places as well. Artificial fragrances are a concoction of very nasty VOCs (volatile organic compounds) that can wreak havoc with the human body--especially the nervous system. If you want more information, check out www.fpinva.org for some very scary facts about what is contained in fragrances. If you want to approach your son's teacher about the candles, here is a link to a brochure that could be useful http://www.ourlittleplace.com/fragfree.html .
"Sears, Ellen" <ESears@Anchorage.k12.ky.us> wrote:
A little off topic, and personal in nature... sorry... looking for a large
sample for data -
my son has a teacher that burns scented candles in class - and the days he
has her he has horrible headaches....
could the headache be related to the candles?
Do you Yahoo!?
Protect your identity with Yahoo! Mail AddressGuard