I just got this idea from someone at the Texas conference. Future acrylic
floor finish. She suggested using it over tempera or watercolor on bisque.
So, I happened to have half a bottle of that stuff under my kitchen sink, and I
happened to have kids painting on bisque with cake tempera today-- the tempera
without a sealer would come off on your hands when dry, but spray sealer is
smelly and expensive. So I gave the "floor finish" a try. It doesn't work
well brushing it on because brushing disturbs the tempera paint, but I poured
some in a bowl and gave the pieces a quick dunk, shook off the excess and set
them to dry. Pretty cool- the tempera is sealed, and the pieces have a soft
shine. And cheap. I used about 1/4 of a $2 bottle for 50 kids' clay animals.