Re: Kiln purchase advice

---------

From: Sid Miller (sidmill_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Nov 13 2003 - 15:19:30 PST

I have a Cress now, and I've had Skutt. I thought they were both good. The
great thing is getting the computer controls, as everyone has said. I can't
believe how great they are. Also you need to have a vent system put in with the
kiln--over or under. One thing , the kiln I have now is really big (good) but
also a top loader and quite deep. I'm pretty tall, and I have cracked the top
edge leaning in to put in pieces and shelves. A short person can't get anything
in the lower part of the kiln. Sid

---