Re: Glazing alternatives and Silver scratchboard suggestions

---------

From: Judy Decker (judydeckeriad_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Nov 13 2003 - 12:02:08 PST

Hi Lisa,

Leaf bowls:

I have had very good results painting clay with
watercolors -- keep very transparent. Then apply gloss
medium when dry. I used this finish for ceramic fish.
I personally prefer glazing for functional items.

Scratchboard:

Egytian art -- include lots of border designs.

Here is Kris Fontes lesson plan for Klimt/Art Nouveau
http://www.thericewriter.com/klimt.htm

Jeannie Sandoval did digital self portraits:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/jen-portrait.htm

=====
Judith Decker
Incredible Art Department