Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Glazing alternatives and Silver scratchboard suggestions

From: Lisa Teske (lisa_in_alex_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Nov 12 2003 - 19:01:26 PST

Last week I created draped slab leaf bowls with my first and second grade
classes. The students rolled out a slab, then pressed a large leaf into the
clay and cut the leaf shape from the slab. Then we draped the leaf over a bowl
to shape it. They turned out beautifully. I am wondering if anyone has any
suggestions for how to finish them other than glazing. Something that will
show off the imprint of the leaf in the clay that is simple enough for young

Also, I would like to do a silver scratchart project with my 5th and 6th
grades, and I wondered if anyone had any suggested lessons to use this with.

Do you Yahoo!?