Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Kiln purchase advice HS

From: jeanie ritter (jeanieritter_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Nov 12 2003 - 18:22:36 PST

I am so excited... my district has finally decided to invest in a new kiln
for our department. We are a High School of approx. 850 students that will
grow to 1200 within the next few years. The kiln I had been using which is
now broken was a front loading kiln approx. 50 yrs. old. with a very small
firing capapcity.

I would like to know what type and size kilns are being purchased for your
high school programs. I need to invest in something that can grow with our

The district just purchased an Amaco Kiln model EX-399 with Select Fire
computer control panel ($2550) for our new elementary school.

Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

Thank you.
Jeanie Ritter
Long Island, NY

Crave some Miles Davis or Grateful Dead? Your old favorites are always
playing on MSN Radio Plus. Trial month free!