Re: totem poles

---------

From: Samantha Wilmoth (phoenixfire_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Nov 12 2003 - 13:50:32 PST

How about letting them cut out pictures from magazines that represent their families and then simply pasting them all around the tube? Or even have them bring in pics of their family members and then scan them and cut them out and then fill the spaces around and between the faces with cut outs from magazines that represent things about their families...like favorite food..favorite tv shows..etc..
Sounds like a gret idea for the wee ones! Let us know how they turn out please :)
~Samantha

--- "loretta webb" <lwebb2@charter.net> wrote:
HI,
I teacher Kindergarten and would like to make totem poles
with my students. I have some 5 ft tubes that I want the
kids to use in small groups. Problem.....what might you
suggest for creating the animals that the children want to
use?? Paper mache?
I have done a search & found wonderful sites for
reference, but no production simular to what I want at the
K level.
  I am working on a unit of Family & Relationships.
 Thanks!
Loretta
Slidell, LA