Re: Etiquette for conference attendees

---------

From: Grace Hall (gchall_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Nov 12 2003 - 09:46:48 PST

I recently attended the LAEA conference in Shreveport, Louisiana. I've never
seen anyone be rude at our events. Seems like the same people keep coming to
LAEA conferences every year, and we've become like family. The nature of the
beast is that as art teachers we are all excited about new ideas, new
supplies, and freebies. My biggest problem when registering is chooseing
which presentations and workshops to attend because I want to see them all!!
I consider it especially nice when I can get my hands on the handouts of
presentations I could not attend. From now on I will consider that to be the
result of special kindness that presenter has bestowed upon us, and be sure
to thank them for it.

The people who plan these conferences should also be thanked. I've never
done it myself, but I know it must be one heck of a project to take on.
grace

---