Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Found sculpture - lesson idea

From: Judy Decker (judydeckeriad_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 11 2003 - 18:10:09 PST

Dear Art Educators,

Mary Bolyard shared her found sculpture idea with the
Getty list. I have some images of her student work on
Incredible Art Department:
Click on Found Object Sculpture at the top. Mary had
her students make an armature (the same way as the
Animalitos)- apply one layer of plaster gauze - then
they glued on the found objects. It looks like some
students painted their sculpture first. If you are on
a tight budget - you could have students paper mache
instead of plaster gauze.

Thanks for sharing, Mary.

Judith Decker
Incredible Art Department