Re: Etiquette for conference attendees

---------

From: Aust ArtClasses (austart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 11 2003 - 16:51:04 PST

I understand what we all are saying about the workshops and I
will admit that sometimes I dont have that wonderful etiquette
but not in the ways discussed. I do think to myself. First of
all-I am not there just for the handouts (I do my own). I do
find that when it is a free workshop, it can be =overloaded
because of that. We do spend lots of money attending the
conferences, and money well spent. My etiquette is lost with
the hotel who does not have your room ready when you check in at
six in the evening. I did that and was tired. I was upset I
couldnt get into the colored pencil workshop and was the 30th
one there, then was told I would not be able to see from a
distance. I was told to that they were told to be prepared for
only 2o. High school workshops are hard to come by sometimes,
my only suggestion is maybe all events being ticketed, even if
free. Oh no, that is more work. Just venting here some.

Pam, ya'll did a great job, after the hotel incident and the
first workshop turn down, I laughed it off and moved one. In a
day and half, I attended 8 workshops. We all need to keep this
in mind, you can't please everyone.

Jackie Brewer (Aust)
Bryan High School
Bryan Texas 77802