student art online

---------

From: wendy free (wendypaigefree_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 11 2003 - 14:57:06 PST

hi!

i have finally managed to get some of our art up! http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/wendypaigefree go to the peppers album. this was a draw/paint project (2nd year art) at the hs level. the compositions were based on real bell pepper models. we did lots of realistic, shaded, detailed pencil drawings/studies of different views first. the final composition was a combination of at least 3 pieces of these drawings students chose. i pushed for abstract but some were still pretty realistic in the end. we practiced creating value with watercolor washes, ink stippling, and directional lines a la van gogh. the final pieces are 24x36 and combine watercolor and ink. i thought all of them were really interesting looking and the kids seemed to be really happy with their work, too. let me know if you have questions or would like more specific info. about the project. i am working on getting hands drawings and figure drawings up next - maybe this week, i hope!

:D wendy