American Sculptor - Impressionism Tableaux

---------

From: Judy Decker (judydeckeriad_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 11 2003 - 13:28:18 PST

Dear Art Educators,

J. Seward Johnson. Jr. has come up on ArtsEducators
list. I have added a link on American Artists:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/america.htm

There is now an exhibit at the Corcoran Gallery in
Washington DC. "Beyond the Frame: Impressionism
Revisted"
http://www.corcoran.org
Audiences can explore 18 life-sized tableaux,
previously known only as paintings. Johnson invites
visitors to walk into sculptures inspired by
masterpieces from the French Impressionist era and
experience the work in three dimensions. On view at
the Corcoran Gallery of Art from September 13, 2003
through January 5, 2004

Dale Smith - ArtsEducators member has seen the
exhibit.

I just thought this might spark an idea for a middle
school or high school sculpture project (maybe ceramic?)

=====
Judith Decker
Incredible Art Department
Jdecker@woh.rr.com