Art Parody - lesson idea

---------

From: Judy Decker (judydeckeriad_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 11 2003 - 12:48:52 PST

Dear Art Educators,

Christine Besack shared this image with me that she
found on Ebay (thanks Christine!).
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/matisse.jpg

This image will only be available for a short time
since I really do not have permission to post it.
I just thought it might spark a lesson for middle
school or high school.
Title: IF MATISSE HAD A DACHSHUND #2A " DOXIE DANSE"
by Ellen Haasen, Ontario artist. I am sure Ellen
wouldn't mind me sharing it with you folks.

From Matisse's "Dance"
http://www.artchive.com/artchive/M/matisse/dance_hermitage.jpg.html
http://momawas.moma.org/collection/depts/paint_sculpt/blowups/paint_sculpt_009.html

Here are some American Gothic paradies I found
(enter American Gothic parody and you will get two
Bush examples - any many more)

American Indian Gothic - David Bradley (parody)
Chippewa:
http://www.ed-resources.net/guide/images/4.01.jpg
American Gothic Corn Dancers:
http://www.parksgallery.com/a00000000000000000000128.htm

If anyone does an art parody lesson, I would be
interested in putting it on Incredible Art Department.

You can find examples of art parody by also looking
for Art spoof.

Cat parody:
http://www.thecatgallery.com/famous_artists_cat_prints.html

Here is a homework assignment I gave my students:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/parody.htm
(They were given a choice of this one or an Art Career
assignment).

=====
Judith Decker
Incredible Art Department