Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Art Parody - lesson idea

From: Judy Decker (judydeckeriad_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 11 2003 - 12:48:52 PST

Dear Art Educators,

Christine Besack shared this image with me that she
found on Ebay (thanks Christine!).

This image will only be available for a short time
since I really do not have permission to post it.
I just thought it might spark a lesson for middle
school or high school.
by Ellen Haasen, Ontario artist. I am sure Ellen
wouldn't mind me sharing it with you folks.

From Matisse's "Dance"

Here are some American Gothic paradies I found
(enter American Gothic parody and you will get two
Bush examples - any many more)

American Indian Gothic - David Bradley (parody)
American Gothic Corn Dancers:

If anyone does an art parody lesson, I would be
interested in putting it on Incredible Art Department.

You can find examples of art parody by also looking
for Art spoof.

Cat parody:

Here is a homework assignment I gave my students:
(They were given a choice of this one or an Art Career

Judith Decker
Incredible Art Department
Incredible Art Department
Incredible Art Resources