Re: hot glue

---------

From: Betty Bowen (bbowen_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 11 2003 - 10:45:16 PST

speaking of hot glue - here's something I use it for - you can drizzle it around
on masks or whatever the edges of picture frames, as decoration, press plastic
"jewels" down into it if you like, then when it is cool, you can lay on sheets
of composition leaf - it comes in different golds, silvers, and copper and two
or three different vareigated ones depending on where you get it. Then tap down
with a brush and then brush away the excess, just like you would for gold leaf.
It sticks beautifully to the cooled hot glue, brushes right off the other
surfaces and the gems. This gives a slick hard gold finish that really reflects
like real metal. kids love it.

---