Re: Etiquette for conference attendees

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 11 2003 - 08:35:42 PST

Debbie Nicholas wrote:

> > I did two workshops in Salina at the KAEA conference.
> > Both required two sessions each. I had 11 teachers in
> > attendance at each double session. Not only were they polite,
> > cooperative, and enthusiastic they also cleaned up after
> > themselves, put supplies back and stayed the entire time.
> > Perhaps Kansas art teachers don't need any lessons on
> > etiquette.
>
> I think it might also have to do with the number of people in the
> workshop. We are talking 100 people in a workshop prepared for 50.
>
> Debbie Nicholas

Good point, we limit enrollment for hands on workshops to whatever
number the presenter requests. I set my limit at 20 each and brought
supplies for that number. One of my workshops was closed at 20. Some
people may have decided not to come to Salina or perhaps they opted
for the additional presentations added at the last minute.
                                        Woody in KC

--
28 Quality Middle School Art Lessons
My newest paintings from Taos: