Re: Etiquette for conference attendees

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 11 2003 - 06:50:55 PST

I did two workshops in Salina at the KAEA conference.
Both required two sessions each. I had 11 teachers in
attendance at each double session. Not only were they polite,
cooperative, and enthusiastic they also cleaned up after
themselves, put supplies back and stayed the entire time.
Perhaps Kansas art teachers don't need any lessons on
etiquette. I did have one teacher not show for the second
part of one workshop (but that's OK). Some teachers didn't
pay at first but always found me later to give me the money.
I also sold my CD's and ran the NAEA sales table. Often
teachers said I'll bring you the money later, they always did.
A few teachers did wander into our workshops to see what
we were doing. No one took a handout without asking first
and many offered to pay for them. I gave out my extra handouts
and never charged for them. Kansans are great about common
courtesy but I suspect most states are that way as well.
It's just that bad news makes better press and few bother
to write about how great people are.
        Way to go, Kansas art teachers, Woody in KC

--
28 Quality Middle School Art Lessons
My newest paintings from Taos: