waxers for hanging work??

---------

From: Jeryl Hollingsworth (holl5_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Nov 10 2003 - 21:50:50 PST

One of the PTO ladies came to me today to ask if I knew anything about
machines that apply wax to the back of pieces to be hung or displayed. We
currently use hot glue guns to hang (on our janitors recommendations) but
its a pain to chip off the walls and sometimes damages the work. Also the
walls need touching up after we glue and chip for awhile! I remember seeing
these gadgets in the supply catalogs but don't have any idea of how well
they work. I did tell the lady I had several hundred (thousand?) art friends
who may have some expertise in the area. So .... what about waxers??Any one
know anything? I admit when she first asked me today-I immediately thought
about legs that needed shaving!!
                 Jeryl in SC
ps Susan , I got tickets for 42nd Street!!

---