RE: San Francisco, a city of contrast

---------

From: Puhl, Kristen K (puhlk_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Nov 10 2003 - 18:21:33 PST

What a visually stimulating city! My friends and I went there for spring break last year and I distinctly remember the beautiful views, myriad of colors in architecture and people and things (Chinatown for example) and seeing the grossest thing I've ever seen in my life (albeit colorful): this guy across from me on the bus had this hideous fungus or something growing on his upper lip, it looked like a cross between the underside of a mushroom and a white popsicle with a red kool-aid stain or something... one of those things where you just have to look because it's beautiful and disgusting at the same time. That experience basically summed up San Fran: beautiful but dirty and gross, too. ...SFMoma and cable cars and art and hills and pretty houses and the bums and winos, side by side.

Sorry for the graphic nature of this post!

Kristy