RE: lunar eclipse/SLR ?s

---------

From: Puhl, Kristen K (puhlk_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Nov 10 2003 - 18:11:22 PST

To make a long story short: I bought an SLR to be able to take photos from books to make into slides and have taken about 6 good rolls of regular prints as well as slides. Saturday night, while being very excited about the eclipse, I finished a roll of film on the rising full moon and then proceeded to waste $20 on three rolls of film from a gas station, because every time I tried to load my film, it would say "error" and I would open up the camera to find that the film had already rewound itself. (You would think I would've learned my lesson after the first roll.) What am I doing wrong...or do you think it's the camera's fault? (Brand new Nikon N57 or something.) Is this common?

A frustrated, poor (literally after all this money wasting), digitally inclined student teacher,

Kristy