Re: TX Conference

---------

From: Pam (pgstephens_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Nov 10 2003 - 16:19:44 PST

Sorry you missed it as well, Leah. All of the speakers were exceptional.
Jesus' work is incredible. Almost every seat in the general session was
filled. William Cochran's general session was equally exceptional, but in a
very moving way. William received a standing ovation and many, many people
in the audience were moved to tears. Of course the Guerrilla Girls were
thought-provoking as usual.

I was only able to pop in and out of workshops, but they all seemed to be
filled with eager participants. I have heard nothing but good things about
the off-site tours even though most of the tour groups had to walk a few
blocks in the rain. People raved about the DMA's technology workshop and
told me that the museum will soon have some interactive art games for kids
online.

There were a few scheduling mishaps and other minor problems, but almost
everyone took the problems in stride and made lemonade.

Pam