Re: from MaryAnn

---------

From: MaryAnn Kohl (maryann_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Nov 10 2003 - 07:53:21 PST

11/4/03 4:51 PM: ARTNSOUL12@aol.com ~ ARTNSOUL12@aol.com ~
In all due respect, as I congratulate you for your highly successful
publications, I am wondering about the right to publish lessons and ideas
that have been written and authored by artsednetters..

I never publish ANY IDEAS without direct permission. I am a highly ethical
educator who happens to write books instead of teach in a classroom. You can
rest assured that my personal integrity would never allow me to take ideas
from this group. When I have run across an idea I would like to write up, I
contact that person and pay them in some way for their idea. Other times, I
put out a request for ideas and those people whose ideas are written up by
me also receive free books.

Educating children takes many forms. I have chosen to bring good things to
children through books. I still work in classrooms on a regular basis, and
work with teachers even more often. My basis for doing so is to bring good
things to children...my mission statement...and yes, I also am paid to do
so, just as all teachers are paid to educate.

But don't worry. I don't take ideas --- and certainly don't take ideas
"authored" by artsednetters. There is a copyright law that protects exact
wording as well as expression of ideas. However, did you know that ideas are
not copyright protected? Still, I consider them such.

... ... ... ... ... ... ...
maryann@brightring.com
... ... ... ... ... ... ...
MaryAnn Kohl