totem poles

---------

From: loretta webb (lwebb2_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Nov 09 2003 - 13:50:43 PST

HI,
I teacher Kindergarten and would like to make totem poles
with my students. I have some 5 ft tubes that I want the
kids to use in small groups. Problem.....what might you
suggest for creating the animals that the children want to
use?? Paper mache?
I have done a search & found wonderful sites for
reference, but no production simular to what I want at the
K level.
  I am working on a unit of Family & Relationships.
 Thanks!
Loretta
Slidell, LA

---