re wise friends

---------

From: Randy Menninghaus (india99_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Nov 09 2003 - 12:02:04 PST

I agree with Jane. Cruel parents setting you up really does cut you
deeply. I can say that hopefully you can treat this as a learning
experience and decide what to do the next time you feel the squeeze. The
most empowering thing I ever learned was to say.." I am really un
comfortable with the way this conversation is going, so I am going to get
up now and leave. I will re-schedule a meeting again after I have discussed
what you have said and the way you presented it with my principal and my
union representative. " then leave.

Sometimes you can put the shoe on the other foot. It gives you time to re
butt. Re butt in writing. Insist the kid puts his complaints in writing.
Get your rep. involved. Document. Do you really believe you are the first
educator that these parents have doubled teamed? perhaps you may wish to
check back, in a careful way with the students past elementary teachers.
Sometimes they have the right strategies to solve the situation or manage
the parents.

---