High School ?s Comm Art & Photo

---------

From: Ruth Wilson (Ruth.Wilson_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Nov 09 2003 - 08:06:20 PST

i know this has been addressed but as others i have been swamped
and not able to keep up with all the listings
i wondered if commercial art teachers wold be willing to share their
course syllabuses by levels (we have level I, II, and II currently)
or
just a list of topics you cover
classroom web pages?
large format color printer you think is great (I'm only looking at HPs)
just always have had better long term luck with HP printers

also, on the photo side just thoughts
our kids pay a $40 fee and have to provide their own 35 mm camera
we have 5 digital cameras that we check out for use as needed when kids
need them to complete work for their center
we have 12 macintosh computers on the digital side and 6 traditional
enlargers
in a small darkroom. anyone willing to share project ideas, course
syllabuses,
for different levels that would be great
if you would like mine just e mail me
be careful with Baldridge
we have followed it for 3 years now
at the hs level it is great to collect feedback from kids but in a guided
way
many kids are not mature enough to become part of the decision making
process
but don't discount it totally because some kids have great insights you
may be missing
i think basic common sense parenting skills overlap into basic common
sense
teaching practices for success

Ruth

---