Re: for Vermeer fans

---------

emb15_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Sat Nov 08 2003 - 20:49:44 PST

The Girl in Hyacinth Blue by Susan Vreeland. The painting in this book is not an actual painting but it is based on what one of Vermeer's paintings might look like. It follows the painting back through time through all its owners. Very similar to The Red Violin. It explores issues about the value of art and what that is based on for different people. It is a great book. Now one of my favorites. My book club read it and we were lucky enough to speak with the author on speaker phone during our meeting!
-Ellen